Yii PHP Framework. What a framework!

First day 

I was assigned to ad_platform team where they implement/maintain software that mainly helps organizations to send bulk SMS advertisements to reach customers.

Assigned Project

They have been using Yii as their PHP framework for a long time.
They informed me about the Yii framework and the importance of it.

So that I had to fully study the Yii 2.0 PHP framework.  "To me, Yii2 is  a secure web development framework especially for the rapid implementation of MVC Model-based  Architecture. It has very instructive and useful features like CRUD generator, Model Generator , Controller Generator, Module generator and Extension Generator".

After studying the framework, I was suggested to develop an application using that Yii framework and some other technologies.
I decided to develop a web application called "EasyDo"  in which users can manage their daily to-dos and notes with reminders.

 I began by designing the Home page.
Initiated a GIT repository at Github.com. https://github.com/NisugaJ/EasyDo_App

In this App, I had to work with only three models. They were,
  1. User
  2. Note
  3. Category

I created a database at MySQL PhpMyAdmin. MVC files were created by Gii Code Generator and later Model Controllers were configure more to be used in a RESTfull API.

I installed POSTMAN and tested the REST API functionings with the Yii2 backend system.

For more security, I added a login feature to the system. Login models were extensions of User Model that comes with Yii. For each login, access_tokens were added for more security.

With the REST API, authentications will be managed by access_tokens which the frontend user receives after a successful login. 






Comments